Senior Analyst - Data Science & Analytics
Company: Citigroup Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 13, 2022
* Own at least 2 project areas within Data Analytics and provide
expert data science support to associate analyst across NAM / LATAM
/ EMEA and APAC to scale the solutions aligned with CPB
* Work with internal clients at all levels of the organization and
across functional areas to understand business processes and their
integration with business systems (people, technology,
* Understands business problems specific to Company initiatives and
opportunities through the use of quality tools; recommends
solutions to management based on data analysis to enable the
organization to achieve goals.
* Develop Key Risk Indicators (KRI's) aligned with Business use
cases to monitor and eliminate Business Risk; Ensure Business risk
management is appropriate for the scale and complexity of CPB.
* Develop insights and data visualizations to solve complex
problems and communicate ideas to internal stakeholders.
* Build predictive models from development through testing and
validation for Fee Billing, Pricing and MCA projects.
* Extract and analyze data, investigate data integrity, generate
metrics and perform ad hoc analysis.
* Explore and test new data sources to improve CPB risk and
* Research new and enhanced model features to improve risk
* Ability to work with large data sets, data manipulation and
analysis; High level of comfort reviewing large amounts of data
within strict timeframes.
* Report production including writing syntax to generate tables and
graphs, proofing and editing.
* Conducting in-depth data cleaning and analyses using traditional
and advanced methods. Running key statistics and analysis as
directed by the senior members of the team.
* Aggregate and transform data to meet the needs of efficient data
analysis and reporting.
* Actively address user questions and issues related to the data
* Generate 'On-Demand' Reports based on user requests.
* Provide training to users on new features prior to roll out of
the Analytics solutions and provide documentation.
* Provide quick fixes for production issues.
* Work with Business and Technology teams to determine and define
application maintenance windows.
Experience / Education
* Bachelors in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related
* 5-7 years of experience in a Business Intelligence Engineering,
Data Engineering, Data Analyst and/or Data Science role, with a
focus on building data pipelines and/or analyzing large data sets
to solve problems.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Operations, Finance,
Financial Systems Analysis, Information Technologies, or related
* Experience in managing large scale data and analytics program
with multiple projects and stakeholders with emerging tools
including Qlik, Tableau and Big Data Platform involving Hive,
Paxata and Data Robot; Python scripting is a plus.
* An inclination to solve problems systematically via
infrastructure and automation.
* Flexibility with changing requirements in an evolving and
* Solid business acumen and experience in synthesizing complex
analyses into interpretable content
* Strong communication skills and a track record of building and
leveraging cross-functional relationships with technical and
* A builder's mindset with a willingness to question assumptions
and conventional wisdom
* Previous Private Banking (or Investment Banking) experience is a
Prospective candidates must be / have:
* Self-starter and be able to operate independently, plan workloads
and deliver on commitments.
* Personally driven to utilize both proven and unique solutions to
address business problems until issue is resolved.
* Ability to speak and present to high-level executives on status
of Projects as well as get in the weeds with Product owners and
development team driving day-to-day execution.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work
independently, manage time and execute tasks in a high-pressure
* Solid technical knowledge and experience working with JIRA,
Confluence, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as related
Keywords: Citigroup Inc., Jersey City , Senior Analyst - Data Science & Analytics, Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!