Maintenance & Refrigeration Electrician
Company: Alcatraz Cruises
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Reefer Electrician makes periodic inspections of the
refrigeration equipment and systems to observe
operating condition and need for repair or adjustment, and assists
Chief Engineer in the installation and repair of
electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment.
In addition to the application process please click this hyperlink
to take our Cultural Index Survey as a part of your application.
The survey that takes approximately 7-10 minutes to complete.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lift or hoist and align components into position
* Screw, bolt, rivet, weld and braze parts to assemble structural
and functional components such as motors, controls, switches,
gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers,
cores, and pipes
* Cut, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water
or power systems of premises
* Pump specified gas or fluid into system
* Start system, observe operation, read gauges and instruments, and
adjust mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control
level of fluid, pressure and temperature in system
* Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components
* Replace or adjust defective or worn parts to repair systems
* Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills
and emergency procedures as directed
* Actively participates in embarking duties such as loading,
unloading, luggage carrying, etc., as needed
* Performs other duties if required since above stated describe
only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task
needed to achieve results
Requirements & Qualifications:
* HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
* Professional Certification(s) or License:
* USCG Merchant Mariner's document as Marine Electrician
* Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) - if
applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
* Valid Driver's License
* Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent at troubleshooting
* Familiarity working with an on three-phase equipment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent
* Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant
and professional manner
* At least two years of experience required in a role with similar
duties and responsibilities
* At least one year of experience required in a role that works
with industrial and commercial electrical equipment
* Cruise industry experience preferred
* Must submit to and pass mandated USCG physical
* Ability to meet and maintain the maximum onboard bunk bed
capacity of 300 lbs.
* Ability to conduct work in a marine environment that is subject
to some/all the following: confined spaces, uneven surfaces,
variations in temperature, wake, and motion
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG
including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable
suspicion, and post-accident/incident testing.
* Additional requirements may be required depending on the physical
needs of the role
Our Values - RESPECT:
At City Experiences and American Queen Voyages, our mission is to
create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but our
employees. Our company values (RESPECT) allow us to live out our
mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First,
Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork.
EEO - Equal Opportunity Employment
American Queen Voyages is proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment
of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or
harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or
relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental
status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or
mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics,
political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital
status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or
local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify
program in certain locations.
Keywords: Alcatraz Cruises, Jersey City , Maintenance & Refrigeration Electrician, Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!