Eastern Region Business Development Director
Company: Yusen Logistics
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: August 3, 2022
This position leads Sales activities at a regional level for the
entire USA. Managing a team of Sales Professionals, the IFF
Director of Sales will plan and execute strategic and tactical
plans with the Sr Director of Sales and CBDO to achieve the
sales/business development objectives for a region.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to meet or exceed assigned revenue and target
metric objectives within a region.
- Establishes goals and actively seek out expansion opportunities
for increased market share within existing accounts and growth
through new business opportunities.
- Develop the regional sales strategy in alignment with the
national strategy for each core IFF product.-Air, Ocean, CHB.
- Pursues YLA vertical strategy objectives.
- Fosters a "one YLA" mindset with operational teams as well as
other Business Units.
- Manages account activity for the sales team regionally. Assigns
target accounts as appropriate. Engage in sales calls at all levels
in an account to penetrate the account at all levels. Facilitate
and participate in sales/branch collaboration calls.
- Adopts and consistently enforces a disciplined sales
methodology to include the use of the company CRM.
- Support and partner with Yusen client onboarding team with
customer onboarding process.
- Actively recruit, hire, train and mentor a best in class sales
- Fosters a strong sales/branch collaboration culture.
Performance will be measured by:
- Achieving Regional Numeric budgets
- Achieving individual new accounts and respective growth
- Increased GP and market share in existing account base
- Number of new accounts added to the national portfolio
- Growth of Branches-nationally, P&L
- Sales staff development
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required with a concentration in
Transportation/Logistics or Business Administration preferred
- At least 8 - 10 years as a Sales Professional with proven track
record of Account Management and growth.
- Sales management experience of at least 2 years is preferable.
- Strong leadership abilities
- High bias for quality execution through process management
- Relationship builder through strong interpersonal skills and
- Customer centric
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and to manage multiple
- Keen ability to assess situations, performs root cause
analysis, and provides solutions. Ability to think things through
and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply
chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge
better connections between businesses, customers and communities -
through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding,
warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated
to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works
with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the
world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Jersey City , Eastern Region Business Development Director, Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!