Company: Lutheran Social Ministries
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job Description'My work has special meaning: this is not 'just a
job.'''I just love working there and that's a good place to
work''It feels good every day to know that what you do at your job,
will help and make a differece in somebody's life. Especially
elderly people that feel lonely, sick and abandoned by friends and
family. We are there for them. I love to work at Lutheran and I
love my Participants. Because of the pandemic we can't see each
other everyday-but I call them; and I can feel their happiness when
they hear my voice. They know I care.We all do at Lutheran Senior
Life At Jersey City.'Those are real statements from real employees
at Lutheran Senior LIFE.We hope you feel the same way once you
experience what it is like to work here.....*Caring* *Teamwork*
*Kindness* *Open Communication* *Positive Attitude* This is how our
team members describe the culture at Lutheran Senior LIFE! Apply
today to find out more!We have a new opportunity for a full-time
Transportation Escort!Under the supervision of the Transportation
Coordinator, the Transportation Escort is responsible for the
safety and well being of participants while being transported in
Lutheran Senior LIFE vehicles.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with assisting the elderly or frail population
- Holds current MAVT and/or CPR certifications
- Able to read and understand maps and routing information to
navigate within the Hudson County area.
- Able to handle information in a confidential manner at all
- Able to deal professionally and diplomatically with people.
Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in transporting individuals with special mobility
- Must be flexible and able to function in stressful
- Requires individual who can coordinate multiple tasks
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with participants, caregivers and co-workers.
- Proficient in identifying and recommending problem
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range, with or
without reasonable accommodation.Experience:Minimum of 1 year
working with the frail or elderlyCompetency:Position specific
competencies for Transportation Escorts will be met prior to
assuming participant care.Medical Clearance:Employees must have
medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date
immunizations before having direct participants contact.We care
about our team members and the people we serve, so we made the
decision to require all employees to be fully vaccinated against
Covid-19. Only candidates that are vaccinated or willing to be
vaccinated should apply.LSMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits:We have awesome benefits:Offering flexible pay - accessing
your pay anytime!Medical Insurance Dental InsuranceVision
InsuranceWellness ProgramLife InsuranceLong-Term
DisabilityShort-Term DisabilityCritical Care & Accident CoverageNJM
Auto and Home InsurancePet InsuranceIdentify Theft Protection403(b)
Retirement Savings offering an 8% company paid match!Paid Time
OffHoliday PayAnd much more…..
Keywords: Lutheran Social Ministries, Jersey City , Transportation Escort, Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!