Electro-Mechanical Technician 4 (PeaPod)
Company: Kion Group AG
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Electro-Mechanical Technician Level 4 is responsible for the
day-to-day troubleshooting and preventative/predictive maintenance.
Acts as a senior material handling technician on all equipment that
is installed at the Jersey City, NJ site location. Aids and mentors
What we offer:
- Career Development
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Transparency
- Global Opportunities
Learn More Here:
Dematic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
The base pay range for this role is estimated to be $42,000 to
$95,000 at the time of posting. Final compensation will be
determined by various factors such as work location, education,
experience, knowledge, and skills.
Tasks and Qualifications:
What You Will Do In This Role
- Repair and maintenance of Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
including belt tracking, component adjustment/replacement,
component lubrication, etc.
- Completes preventative maintenance routines, documentation, and
- Use electrical test equipment to troubleshoot electrical
- Create and close work orders into asset management system with
appropriate data to include labor hours, equipment maintenance, and
- Troubleshoot conveyance problems and understand resources
needed to resolve them.
- Locate and track spare parts from inventory.
- Performs complex maintenance and equipment testing to ensure
they meet specifications.
- Provides assistance with training customers to operate
- Respond to service calls and correct equipment failures and
- Identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to
What We Are Looking For
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Typically, an
Associate degree or vocational technical training preferred.
Specialized skill training/certification preferred.
- Demonstrates a senior-level knowledge of a technical or
- Proven experience in area of responsibility and successful
demonstration of position and key tasks as presented above.
- Ability to be customer facing while maintaining professional
communications through email and in person conversations with
onsite customer leadership, Dematic leadership, and
- Responsible for leading projects, teams, and directing day to
day operations and tasks to onsite maintenance team.
- Able to lift and move material up to 50 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below
the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products
up to 100 pounds
- Able to climb ladders and gangways safely and without
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors,
hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on
concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces.
Some positions in the U.S. may require vaccination against
COVID-19. Where legally permitted or required, offers for such
roles are contingent on the candidate providing proof of full
vaccination against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson &
Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine).
Candidates with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices
that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption
from the vaccine requirement.
Keywords: Kion Group AG, Jersey City , Electro-Mechanical Technician 4 (PeaPod), Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!