Transportation Analyst III
Company: WSP USA
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Transportation Analyst IIIReq ID 10655Transportation Analyst
IIIWho We AreAt WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready
pioneers to innovate. Were looking to grow our teams with people
who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding
our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences,
skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work
environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of
our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through
our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional
diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with
the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our
commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work
environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP
employee. Come join us and help shape the future!This
OpportunityWSP is currently initiating a search for a full time
Transportation Analyst III for our Jersey City, NJ office.Your
- Monitor, learn to evaluate, and disseminate information
concerning emergency and non-emergency traffic conditions and
incidents. Provides information to supervisor in order to assess
congestion levels and incident condition severity.
- Assist with the necessary coordination with other
transportation agencies such as, NJDOT, NYCDOT, NYSDOT, MTA, NJ
Turnpike, NJ Transit, NJ State Police, TRANSCOM, State and local
police, fire/rescue, and media during day to day operations, as
well as during major events due transportation incidents, special
events, emergencies and construction projects. This can be done via
phone, email and/or two-way radio monitoring.
- Actively monitors video displays to maintain situational
- Monitors planned special events.
- Operate and monitor intelligent transportation systems
equipment such as closed circuit television (CCTV) and vehicle
detection systems (VDS)
- Monitors real time traffic data, documents traffic flow
conditions and communicates this to PA Staff and other
transportation agencies as needed
- Generate the following based on the severity of the incident:
Entries into Transcoms OpenReach platform that feeds 511 in NY and
NJ, PA Alerts, U.O.C. Notifications, Daily Monitoring Reports,
Incident Tracking Forms and entries into Waze.
- Ensures transfer of information to subsequent shift personnel
is complete and accurate.
- Notifies PA personnel according to established procedures.
- Checks the operation of equipment at the start of a shift,
noting any malfunctions and requests for repairs.
- Notifies appropriate Port Authority department of any computer
system related problems.
- Monitors and assists co-workers to ensure accuracy and
timeliness of information.
- Properly operates and utilizes equipment required to perform
- Candidates must take the following courses within 180 days of
hiring. Certified International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA)
Transportation Center System Specialist Level II and Incident
Command System (ICS 100 and ICS 200).
- Ability to read, write, and understands English.Who You
- High-school diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of experience in traffic operations/ traffic
management or related fields which include at least one of the
following groups and/or agencies: Transportation, Fire, Police,
EMS, 911, or similar experience in the Military.
- General knowledge of the NY-Tri State area including roadways,
bridges, tunnels, airport and other mass transit systems.
- Must know how to read a map and be familiar with major highways
in the NY/NJ region. Must be familiar with Port Authority
Facilities (Bridges and Tunnels required, Airports and Marine
Terminals a plus) and locate them on a map as well know how these
facilities connect with other roadways.
- Phone skills: Must be a good listener and able to take a
message and communicate it accurately and succinctly.
- Having a team-oriented attitude and able to establish a good
report with other departments and agencies to achieve common
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding
company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSPs Code of
Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability
to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
- Background in traffic operations, including prior traffic
operations/transportation related field experience.
- Experience including past coordination with operations staff,
technicians, engineers, and/or law enforcement on work assignments
and p rior ICS 100 and 200, IMSA training.
- Working knowledge of PATH service as well as NJ Transit
services that connect to PATH.#LI-TT1Additional Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.Additional Details
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: JERSEY CITY - ERIE ST
- All locations: US-NJ-Jersey CityAbout WSPWSP USA is the U.S.
operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering
and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local
communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts,
strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP
USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation,
energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000
employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our
clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.comWSP provides a
flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client
needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of
benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and
retirement savings focused on providing health and financial
stability throughout the employees career.At WSP, we want to give
our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and
knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be
essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are
you ready to get started?WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is
an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected
Veteran Status.The selected candidate must be authorized to work in
the United States.
Keywords: WSP USA, Jersey City , Transportation Analyst III, Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!