Company: Tradeweb LLC
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Group Details: Working as part of a global team with specific responsibility for supporting and maintaining the trading system. Requires full understanding of the system architecture, applying/suggesting bug fixes, developing new tools for system monitoring and reporting, and working with the internal business to identify and resolve issues. The role offers end-to-end understanding of a complex online bond trading platform. They will get to know the architecture inside out. Job Responsibilities:
- The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
- Resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- The development of system instrumentation and monitoring tools. Required Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of IT experience in a support role.
- Experience supporting an existing large system to very high levels of availability, ideally of financial and especially trading systems is desirable.
- Trading or Level 3 experience supporting an existing large system with levels of availability.
- Experience or knowledge in OOPS concepts, SQL and scripting languages (Perl/Python).
- In this role you will be very proactive and be able to understand the business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
- The team works very closely, and it is a high pressure mission critical production environment.
- Candidate in this role requires good communication skills as they will be dealing with internal customers on a regular basis.
- In this role you will be required to be flexible regarding work schedule, including evening and occasional weekend duties.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Qualifications: Skills: --- 2 or more years of object-oriented development experience (ideally Microsoft Visual C++) --- Relational Database experience --- Strong scripting knowledge in perl/python/shell. In addition, you should have: --- A structured, methodical approach. --- A delivery-focused attitude. --- The ability to work within a team environment - be a team-player. --- Good verbal and written communication skills. --- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills --- Fixed income market knowledge would be a plus --- Flexibility in working multiple shifts. About Tradeweb: Tradeweb is a leading, multi-asset class, electronic trading venue for fixed income, derivatives and ETFs. Tradeweb offers institutional, wholesale and retail market participants unparalleled liquidity, cutting-edge technology and a broad range of data solutions that deliver better price discovery, order execution and trade workflows. The company serves more than 2,000 clients including banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds, insurance companies, central banks, corporates, inter-dealer brokers, brokers, financial advisors and registered investment advisors in over 50 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Tradeweb operates trading platforms in more than 25 products including government bonds, mortgages, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, interest rate swaps, credit defaults swaps rates, repurchase agreements and equity derivatives. In an average trading day, Tradeweb facilitates more than $525 billion in notional value traded. Tradeweb Markets LLC (\"Tradeweb\") is proud to be an EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: Tradeweb LLC, Jersey City , Production Support, Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!