Receiving Asset Protection (BDAP) Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: April 18, 2019
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
16 states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you succeed.RECEIVING ASSET PROTECTION (BDAP)Job
SummaryResponsible for maintaining a safe and secure receiving
dock, protecting the safety of members and team members, and
protecting company assets.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and
assistance. Maintains high standards of safety for members and team
- Secures the receiving doors when not in use and properly checks
in visitors and vendors. Inspects bags, backpacks, briefcases, and
lunch boxes / bags that are leaving the building.
- Assigns truck door locations and ensures drivers are outside of
their trucks while it is being unloaded. Ensures the trucks are
secured while on the dock and that full trailer loads are empty
when departing the dock.
- Ensures all safety equipment (e.g. dock restraint system) is in
proper working condition.
- Ensures that the receiving / employee entrance is alarmed when
not in use, that the receiving and overhead doors are properly
sealed, and that the alarms are operational.
- Verifies the seal integrity of all trucks, including
distribution center loads and frozen / dairy shipments.
- Monitors distribution center loads to ensure all high shrink
merchandise is properly secured. Ensures high shrink merchandise is
removed from the dock at the end of the receiving day.
- Confirms incoming and outgoing Direct Store Delivery (DSD)
quantities and ensures they are processed correctly.
- Executes merchandise protection on designated items.
- Validates that all merchandise leaving the back doors has
appropriate paperwork and approvals.
- Operates the compactor and cardboard baler and secures the
equipment when not in use.
- Spot checks merchandise returns, salvage, and club-to-club
transfers for accuracy.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Must be employed with the company for at least 6 months.
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces.
Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching,
stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as
occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and
coolers.BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity for all qualified team members and
applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical
and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or
blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender
identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Jersey City , Receiving Asset Protection (BDAP) Job, Professions , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!