Sales Executive - East USA
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 15, 2023
About The Role
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales - NAM, this individual
contributor/hunter role will be responsible for expanding direct
sales to drive value, generate revenue and accelerate the adoption
of our global fabric. Passionate about growth and innovation, you
will be a solution-focused self-starter. Through a deep
understanding of our technologies, combined with a focus on
aligning it with our partners' products, you will be tasked with
architecting, delivering Megaport's Enterprise solution offerings
and building a better way for businesses to connect to the
What You'll Be Doing
- As an individual contributor, this role is responsible for
owning the end-to-end sales process, with a focus on driving
revenue through new logos.
- Define and execute the go-to-market sales strategy for
designated territory. This includes but is not limited to
prospecting, identifying customer business objectives, managing
customer interactions, collaborating with SAs to drive solution
sales, and engage with key decision makers, influencers and
Megaport Champions within your customer base.
- Profile and architect cloud-based network solutions for
- This role will collaborate with Solution Architects and
Customer Success Managers to drive, grow, nurture and retain
targeted revenue, while providing world-class customer
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate and detailed weekly forecast
funnel in order to meet or exceed sales quota
- Learn and develop in-depth knowledge of Megaport products and
solutions, as well as the products of our key cloud services
partners (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, etc).
- Research current business drivers, business strategic
objectives and key stakeholders for prospects to develop solution
offerings on our network fabric.
- Gather information on target markets, potential clients and the
most favorable business models, and partner with the sales
management and client management teams to define the most effective
strategies to penetrate markets.
- Partnering with the channel sales team to engage in campaigns
and programs that will be used to drive value.
- Leverage your external network to identify and recruit
high-performing talent to Megaport.
What We Are Looking For
- Proven success in selling enterprise solutions in the
Network-as-a-service space, consistent achievement of or exceeding
- Highly motivated; strong-willed hunter able to generate
business through your own outreach efforts.
- Client-centric; consultative selling skills with first-class
communication skills (verbal and written) that allows you to
comfortably present both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of the competitive landscape and the regional
- Previous experience managing end-to-end sales cycles, engaging
with C-level executives, and leveraging relationships within the
- Self-motivated, with exceptional discipline to work
autonomously and collaborate remotely in order to achieve
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and relationship
- Comfortable working in a remote, globally distributed work
environment with the ability and willingness to travel roughly 30%
of the time.
The on-target annual earnings for this position ranges from
$200,000 - 300,000 USD
**Please note that as per the Fair Labor Standard Act this role is
classified as exempt under Outside Sales Professional**
What We Offer
- Flexible working environments
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + 5 days of paid study
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated success with 'Legend' and 'Kudos' Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global
intra-company transfers for interested candidates
If you have any questions, please reach out to Megaport's Talent
Acquisition Team at Careers@megaport.com
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Megaport collects from job applicants, why, and how we store and
use it. Note that you're entitled to know what personal data of
yours Megaport holds, to request updates, rectification, and in
some circumstances restriction or deletion thereof if you object
(you being entitled to withdraw your consent to our holding your
for more details on this and how to contact Megaport's data
protection officer if you have any further privacy-related
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to
attend an interview
Strictly no Recruitment Agencies please.
Keywords: Megaport, Jersey City , Sales Executive - East USA, Sales , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!