Counsel- (Broker-Dealer) (Hybrid)
Company: Bank of New York Mellon
Location: Jersey City
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Vice President, Counsel to support the Pershing line of business
within the BNY Mellon enterprise. The candidate will:
- Report to a Associate General Counsel on the Pershing Legal
Team and serve as a key adviser to the business.
- Manage and negotiate contracts for Pershing for a variety of
advisory, technology, and operational services.
- Provide general legal support to the broker-dealer and
registered investment adviser as needed.
- Advise on new product development and regulatory risk
- Provides business management and associates with advice and
guidance in identifying the critical problems to which the
application of legal principals yields the greatest opportunities
for minimizing risks and maximizing profits.
- Keep informed on legislation and rulemaking affecting business
operations and developments in corporate and securities law
practice, updating the team and management as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business leaders and associates to develop
legal and regulatory best practices.
- 3 years minimum, 5+ years preferred legal experience with a
focus on contracts and investment advisory and/or broker-dealer
- Experience with a Broker-Dealer, Registered Investment Adviser
or regulatory agency preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including
strong presentation abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and impact business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that
requires hands-on support and business teamwork.
- An ideal candidate has in-house counsel experience in
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the
forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while
supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY
Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to
create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure
investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's
financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most
trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their
mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial
assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for
institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count
on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries
and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative
thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a
commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With
Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best
global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the
diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve -
and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing
and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly,
inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Keywords: Bank of New York Mellon, Jersey City , Counsel- (Broker-Dealer) (Hybrid), Sales , Jersey City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!